Testing a Zip file
This operation tests the integrity of the open Zip file (.zip or .zipx) and then presents a report with the results.
- Using the WinZip® Ribbon Interface
- To access the test function, open the Tools tab.
- In the Tools tab, you can click the top half of the Diagnostics button to test the Zip file and view a summary report.
- To receive a more detailed report, click on the bottom half of the Diagnostics button and click Detailed on the dropdown menu.
- Using the Legacy Toolbar Interface
- Click Test in the Actions pull-down menu on the main WinZip window to access the test function.
- For a detailed technical report on the properties of a Zip file, check the box Include full details in the test output.
When the test is complete, the results will display in the View Last Output window. Clicking on the Clipboard Copy button puts the report on the system clipboard so you can transfer it to a text editor or an email message.
You can press the Esc key on your keyboard at any time during the Test operation to stop the test.