Building on WinZip 17's innovations in cloud connectivity, this release streamlines the process, adds support for a new cloud service—and significantly improves unzipping performance.
- Fresh new look
Quickly find the tools you need thanks to the modernized UI featuring icons that are consistent across all toolbars.
- Support for CloudMe
Connect directly to CloudMe, the Europe-based cloud service.
- Streamlined cloud sharing
Easily manage your cloud activity with an experience that is consistent across all toolbars.
- Enhanced watermarking
Set the transparency of watermarks and add a date/time stamp for added security.
- Faster unzipping
Unzip larger file sets three to four times faster.
Zip. Protect. Share. Anywhere.
WinZip is the world’s #1 choice when working with large files – zip, unzip, email, password-protect and more. The new featuresin WinZip 17.0 include:
- Zip and share to the cloud
Protect your files in the cloud and use less space by zipping them first. WinZip 17 lets you connect to your cloud services, including Box, Google Drive, SkyDrive and Dropbox. Zip before you upload, open Zip files saved in the cloud, or select files from the cloud to zip and share.
- Manage and share from the cloud
See and organize all your cloud files directly from WinZip 17 even if you use several services. WinZip connects you to your clouds, including Box, Google Drive, SkyDrive and Dropbox, so you can easily get links to your files and share them from your own email.
- Zip and share to social media sites
Share any file to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn with ZipShare, the online app. Just write a message, add your files—even very large ones—and post. No additional software required.
- Resize images
Instantly resize images to more convenient sharing sizes without using complex image editing software. It makes sharing photo albums a snap!
- Convert files to PDF
Turn Microsoft Office documents into PDF files as you zip them with WinZip's built-in PDF converter. This lets you hide metadata and make your documents read-only for added protection.
- Add a watermark
Deter unauthorized copying, add traceability, and protect your photos and files by adding your own custom watermark to images and PDFs.
- More intuitive interface
Context-sensitive toolbars change depending on your task, making it easy to find the tools you need for zipping, unzipping, sharing and more.
WinZip is proud to announce our latest release, WinZip 16.5! Building on WinZip 16's file sharing innovations and fully upgraded 64-bit engine, this release introduces unprecedented advancements in WinZip technology:
- NEW ultra-fast zip engine that taps into your computer's full processing power
- NEW next-generation technology that harnesses the power of AMD graphics processors
- NEW streamlined interface with a more attractive, intuitive look-and-feel
WinZip is proud to announce our latest release, WinZip 16.0! In addition to cutting-edge compression, encryption, and archiving capabilities, WinZip 16.0 introduces the following new capabilities:
- a powerful 64-bit zip engine upgrade for maximum zipping speed seamless integration with WinZip's breakthrough file delivery web service, ZipSend
- the ability to send very large Zip files (up to 2GB) using ZipSend
- instant access to WinZip's NEW Facebook app, ZipShare
- the ability to zip and post any type of file (up to 20MB) to Facebook using ZipShare
- the ability to zip and write files to Blu-ray Disc directly from the WinZip window
- the ability to convert other major compression file formats to Zip format
- extended preview functionality for other major compression file formats
- the ability to scan and diagnose PC performance issues using WinZip's built-in System Scanner tool
WinZip® is proud to announce its latest release! Building on WinZip 15's performance architecture, streamlined user interface, and file sharing enhancements, WinZip 15.5 provides even faster zipping technology, improved usability, and extended functionality. No wonder WinZip is far and away the world’s #1 utility for file compression, encryption, sharing, and backup! WinZip 15.5 introduces the following features:
- new compression algorithms designed for multi-processor systems that zip files up to twice as fast
- new WinZip Desktop Gadget option called 'Folder I Choose' that allows you to create or select a target folder for zipping/unzipping files on a case-by-case basis.
- dynamic, context-sensitive icons that automatically change to reflect the WinZip tasks available to your specific situation
- streamlined processes that remove unnecessary dialogs and cut down on extra steps
- the ability to show/hide the Address bar
- the ability to instantly jump between any instances of WinZip that you currently have open
- the ability to customize the look and feel of your WinZip interface with interchangeable themes
- improved destination folder management, so when you open/alter a zipped file's contents directly from an email attachment, WinZip will prompt you to save your work to a new location on your computer (rather than the email temp folder)
- streamlined 'Unzip and Try' processes that remove extra steps, making temporary viewing even quicker and easier
- extended enterprise support that provides IT control over the addition/alteration of e-mail services.
The following features were introduced in WinZip 15.0:
- performance architecture for major enhancements in file compression and encryption
- brand new zip engine for high-speed zipping
- improvements to the WinZip 14.5 interface with refined menu designs and more intuitive icons
- a groundbreaking desktop gadget that uses drag-and-drop functionality to provide instant access to zipping, unzipping and email tasks
- new 'Zip and E-mail' feature that lets you create a Zip file and attach it to an email message in one simple step
- new Image resizer feature that resizes and zips your high-resolution pictures before attaching them to an email message
- Built-in webmail support for all WinZip email functionality (Yahoo! Mail, Gmail by Google, and Microsoft Live Hotmail)
- Additional email support for other webmail services, enterprise mail systems, and individual ISP addresses
- Enhanced backup email support that allows backup files and log files to be sent from virtually any of your email or webmail addresses
- Microsoft Office 2010-style ribbon interface places key WinZip functionality right at your fingertips, simplifying essential tasks and increasing your productivity
- Support for Windows 7 Libraries, Jump Lists, Multi-Touch Gestures, and more makes working with Zip files effortless
- 'Zip' option on the Home tab works the way you think, letting you select the files you want to zip up, choose your zipping options, and save your Zip file wherever you decide
- 'Attach to E-mail' button lets you email a Zip file instantly and provides advanced options like using 'best method' compression and file encryption, and resizing photos so they send faster and fit standard computer screens
- '1-Click Unzip' option automatically extracts the content of an archive to a folder it creates for you, then opens the folder in Windows Explorer, providing easy editing
- 'Open With' button opens an Office document (or other file) from within a Zip file using the default Windows file association or the application you specify, and—if you make changes—WinZip offers to save them back to the Zip file for you
- 'Auto Open' feature automatically extracts and opens a zipped document, spreadsheet, or presentation in its associated Microsoft Office** application by just double clicking the Zip file within Windows Explorer or Microsoft Outlook
- 'Zip file previewer' lets you see what's inside a Zip file from within Windows Explorer or Microsoft Outlook** and directly open zipped content files by simply double clicking on them
- 'Backup' tab (WinZip Pro feature) reveals innovative capabilities for protecting your data files, including a choice of predefined backups for your documents, desktop, email, etc., a wizard for creating your own custom backup, and a way to backup photos directly from your digital camera or iPhone
- 'Tools' tab presents practical utilities, such as a simple way to create a self-extracting Zip file, a means to encrypt an existing Zip file, and an option to unzip and try the contents of a Zip file then clean up afterward automatically when you close the Zip file.