The following is information on how to create a log file of your WinZip install attempt (to send to Technical Support).
You will not be able to use our standard .exe install file to create this log. You will instead need an install file ending with the extension .msi for this. You can download one from the Alternative Download Links page. You will have your choice of a 64-bit or 32-bit MSI file. After downloading and saving the appropriate MSI file please do the following:
- Create a new folder on drive C and name it WZTest
- Copy the WinZip MSI file you downloaded into folder WZTest on drive C
- On the keyboard, press (the Windows key)+R to open Run
- Type: cmd in the Run dialog and click OK
- In the Command Prompt window type:
msiexec /i C:\WZTest\winzipxxx.msi /qb /lvx* C:\WZTest\install.log
|In the command above /lvx* is a forward slash, a lower case letter l, a lower case letter v, a lower case letter x, and an asterisk.
|IMPORTANT: Replace the "xxx" in the file name above (winzipxxx.msi) with the correct information. For example, if you are creating a log using the 64-bit WinZip 21.0 file, your command would be:
msiexec /i C:\WZTest\winzip210-64.msi /qb /lvx* C:\WZTest\install.log
- Press Enter on the keyboard to run the WinZip install
When the installation stops, begin an email message to Technical Support and attach install.log from the C:\WZTest folder to your email message.