WinZip automatically includes/contains WinZip Self-Extractor Personal Edition, which has a subset of the features that are in WinZip Self-Extractor.
Features available in WinZip Self-Extractor that are not available in the Personal Edition include:
- Create smaller self-extracting files from Zip files (.zip or .zipx) created with LZMA, Jpeg, WavPack, PPMd and Enhanced Deflate compression methods
- Features to allow for prompting of administrator privileges (this does not apply to Windows XP)
- Features to automate and customize software installation, using a specific icon, user defined text (in certain dialogs), and delete temporarily extracted files after running a setup program
- Include sensitive information protected with 128- and 256-bit AES encryption
- Ability to run a command when the unzip operation completes
- The option to create self-extracting files from the command line
- Self-extractors can be created with English or German messages
- Ability to automatically extract files when the self-extractor file is run
- A Wizard to simplify the process of building self-extracting files
- Support custom icons, splash screen and about box text
If you have any questions about this information please email Technical Support.
What is a Self-Extracting Zip File?
Where to download WinZip Self-Extractor
How do Standard Self-Extractors and Self-Extractors for Software Installation differ?