WinZip contains WinZip Self-Extractor Personal Edition, a subset of WinZip Self-Extractor.
Features available in WinZip Self-Extractor that are not available in the Personal Edition include:
- Create smaller self-extracting files from Zip files (.zip or .zipx) created with LZMA, Jpeg, WavPack, PPMd and Enhanced Deflate compression methods.
- Features to allow for prompting of administrator privileges on Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Features to automate and customize software installation, such as the ability to specify an icon and text for the main self-extractor dialog box, and to delete temporary files after running a setup program.
- Include sensitive information protected with 128- and 256-bit AES encryption.
- Ability to run a command when the unzip operation completes.
- Self-extracting files can be created from the command line.
- Self-extractors can be created with English or German messages.
- Ability to automatically extract files when the self-extractor file is run.
- A Wizard to simplify the process of building self-extracting files.
- Support custom icons, splash screen and about box text.
If you have any questions about this information please email Technical Support.
What is a Self-Extracting Zip File?
Where to download WinZip Self-Extractor