We recommend using WinZip 17.5 build 10480, which is the current release. WinZip 17.5 makes it easier than ever to work with Zip files (.zip or .zipx) and other popular archive formats (including .rar, .7z, .bz2, and many others). WinZip 17.5 highlights are:
- Use cloud services (Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, Box, CloudMe) for zipping, unzipping, and sharing
- Convert document files to PDF while they are zipped
- Add a watermark to picture files while they are zipped
- Share files in social media accounts with ZipShare (Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter)
For more details and other new features, please visit the WinZip 17.5 product page.
If you are registered for an earlier version of WinZip and would rather not upgrade to WinZip 17.5 at this time you can download and install the latest build of your version of WinZip from the Alternative Download Links page. A link to Legacy Download Links near the bottom of this page is available for even older versions.
The files you download from these two pages will install the latest build for each WinZip version. Earlier builds are not distributed as the latest builds will include operational fixes and/or security fixes for the earlier builds. You can check what build you have installed in the About WinZip dialog. For your reference, the latest build numbers for each version are listed below.
WinZip 17.5 build 10480
WinZip 17.0 build 10381
WinZip 16.5 build 10096
WinZip 16.0 build 9715
WinZip 15.5 build 9580
WinZip 15.0 build 9411
WinZip 14.5 build 9096
WinZip 12.1 build 8519
WinZip 11.2 build 8261
WinZip 10.0 build 7245
WinZip 9.0 SR-1 build 6224
- Only the latest builds are distributed
- A registration issued for an earlier build of a version will work with the latest build of that major version
Example: A WinZip 11.0 registration will work with WinZip 11.2
- Registrations issued for an earlier major version will not work in a later major version
Example: A WinZip 10.0 registration will not register WinZip 11 or WinZip 12
- Exception: WinZip 9.0 SR-1 can be used with any registration prior to and up to WinZip 9
If you have any questions about this information please email Technical Support.