WinZip makes it easy to create a split Zip file (.zip or .zipx). A split Zip file is one that consists of multiple segments of a specified size. There are several reasons why you might want to create a split Zip file, such as:
- An alternative to spanning Zip files on CDs or DVDs:
- Use this alternative if you want to make multiple copies of your set of discs
- Use this alternative when you want to make the disc contents as a separate step from making the discs themselves
- To assist with large downloads: Some people may have difficulty downloading very large Zip files from web sites, FTP sites, etc. You can use the split Zip feature to break large files into smaller pieces that can be downloaded separately.
- Overcome email size limits: Some email systems limit the size of attachments; if you want to email a large Zip file that exceeds your limit, you can split it into smaller parts and email them separately. Other options for overcoming email size limits would include using ZipSend or one of the supported Cloud services.
For additional information and examples, please see How to create a split Zip file.