You can use WinZip to split Zip files (.zip or .zipx) into smaller pieces. A split Zip file will have multiple segments that are all of a specified size. The following lists gives several reasons why you might want to create a split Zip file.
- An alternative to spanning Zip files on CDs or DVDs:
- Use this alternative if you want to make multiple copies of your set of discs
- Use this alternative when you want to make the disc contents as a separate step from making the discs themselves
- To assist with large downloads: Some people may have difficulty downloading very large Zip files from web sites, FTP sites, etc. You can use the split Zip feature to break large files into smaller pieces that can be downloaded separately.
- Overcome email size limits: Some email systems limit the size of attachments; if you want to email a large Zip file that exceeds your limit, you can split it into smaller parts and email them separately. The WinZip default option for overcoming email size limits is to use one of the numerous supported Cloud services.
If you have any questions about this information please email Technical Support.
How to create a split Zip file
Quick examples of how to zip files with WinZip