|If you are working with a version older than WinZip 3 for Mac and you need to install a newer build of that version than the one you presently have installed, please see the archived article here.
WinZip 3 for Mac is the current released version. If you are using an earlier version, you should consider upgrading. This article is meant to help, in case the steps necessary to install the upgrade are not obvious to you.
Note: WinZip Mac 3 is not a free upgrade. Registration codes from one major version of a WinZip application cannot be used to register another major version. If you have installed WinZip 3 for Mac, but do not wish to purchase an upgrade, you will need to uninstall it and then reinstall your previous WinZip Mac version. Install files can be download from the Alternative Download Links page.
Application Name Change
If you have been using WinZip Mac for a while, you will notice that with version 3 the name has been changed. The name of the application you will see as you install, on menus, and elsewhere will simply be WinZip. We trust that you already know you are using a Mac!
Here are the steps to take to install your upgrade to version 3 of WinZip:
- Quit WinZip Mac if it is running
- Open the WinZip 3 Product page and click the Try Free button
- In the download window that opens click Download Trial
- The install file will download and then open a window that looks like the right side of the picture above (outlined in red); click on WinZip in that window, drag that to the right, and drop it on Applications in the same window
- Close the open window when WinZip has finished copying, then click Applications in the Dock, and scroll to the bottom
- If you are upgrading, you will see two icons like the picture above; you should now click WinZip (not WinZip Mac)
At this point, WinZip 3 will install and the License Agreement will display. You must click Agree in the license agreement, the install will complete, a web page will open, and your earlier version will be deleted. If you click the wrong icon by mistake, just Quit the older version after it opens, return to Applications, and click the correct icon.
If you have any questions about this information please email Technical Support.
How to register WinZip Mac with a registration code
How to register WinZip Mac using an activation code
How to register WinZip Mac using a registration file
Installing a WinZip Mac Update