Here is a quick example of how to create a Zip file (.zip or .zipx) using WinZip:
- Open a folder window
- Find and highlight (select) the files and/or folders you would like to zip
- Right click in the highlighted area
- In the WinZip submenu of the context menu that displays choose either:
- Add to [filename].zip(x): To quickly create a Zip file using the default compression method without being able to specify other options
(please note the name of the file)
- Add to Zip file: To specify your own Zip file name, compression method, encryption, or an option to split the Zip file
- The Zip file is created
If you have any questions, please email Technical Support.
Error 740: The requested operation requires elevation
How do I compress the contents of a folder and later restore it?
How do I control the folder information WinZip stores in a Zip file?
How to create a split Zip file
How to Zip files with their folder information