Here is a quick example of how to create a Zip file (.zip or .zipx) using WinZip:
- Open a folder window
- Find and highlight (select) the files and/or folders you would like to zip
- Right click in the highlighted area
- In the WinZip submenu of the context menu that displays choose either:
- Add to [filename].zip(x): To quickly create a Zip file using the default compression method without being able to specify other options
(please note the name of the file)
- Add to Zip file: To specify your own Zip file name, compression method, encryption, or an option to split the Zip file
- The Zip file is created
With the free WinZip Express for Explorer add-on installed, you also have the option to click Zip and Share (WinZip Express) when you right click. With WinZip Express you can zip, choose to encrypt, and make use of many additional options such as conversions and saving to a cloud service.
If you have any questions, please email Technical Support.
Error 740: The requested operation requires elevation
How do I compress the contents of a folder and later restore it?
How do I control the folder information WinZip stores in a Zip file?
How to create a split Zip file
How to Zip files with their folder information