To convert selected files in a Zip file (.zip or .zipx) into a new Zip file, including image or photo files, you must have a Zip file open in WinZip. You would then need to:
- Select files and/or folders you would like to "convert"
- Right click in the highlighted area and choose Send Selected Files ToNew Zip File (from Selected Files)
XP users would click File and choose Send ToNew Zip File (from Selected Files).
- In the Send Selected Files dialog you can:
- Change the name for the new Zip file
- Select a Compression Type
- Elect to Encrypt the files
- Choose to convert appropriate files to PDF
- Resize images
- Choose to add a watermark to appropriate files
- Click Send New Zip File
- Select a target folder for the new Zip file
- Click Select Folder
This will create a new Zip file with only the files and folders you selected using the options you configured. If you elected to encrypt the files, you will also have to enter a password in the Encrypt dialog.
With the WinZip Express for Explorer add-on installed, you also have the option to click the Zip and Share button on the Unzip/Share tab. WinZip Express will allow you to create your Zip file from the selected files and provide additional options, such as sharing it as a link.
If you have any questions about this information please email Technical Support.