To convert selected files in a Zip file (.zip or .zipx) into a new Zip file, including image or photo files, you must have a Zip file open in WinZip. You would then need to:
- Select files and/or folders you would like to "convert"
- WinZip ribbon interface: Right click in a highlighted area and choose Send Selected Files ToNew Zip File (from Selected Files)
- Legacy menus/toolbar interface: Click File and choose Send ToNew Zip File (from Selected Files)
- In the Send Selected Files dialog you can:
- Change the name of the destination Zip file
- Select a Compression Type
- Elect to Encrypt the files
- Choose to convert appropriate files to PDF
- Resize images
- Choose to add a watermark to appropriate files
- Click OK
- Select the folder to which the Zip file will be saved
- Click Select Folder
This will create a new Zip file with only the files and folders you selected using the options you configured. If you elected to encrypt the files, you will also have to enter a password in the Encrypt dialog.
With the WinZip Express for Explorer add-on installed, you also have the option to click the Zip and Share button on the Unzip/Share tab. WinZip Express will allow you to create your Zip file from the selected files and provide additional options, such as saving to a cloud service.
If you have any questions about this information please email Technical Support.