The View Tab
The View tab allows you to change the look of the WinZip® main window and lets you control other open WinZip windows.
This tab is divided into five sections.
- Default: This display mode shows both the Files and Actions pane, sets the Tall Row layout and Single Folder view of Zip file content.
- Classic: This display mode shows no Files and no Actions panes, sets the layout to Table and the view of the Zip file content to All Files in the Zip.
- Files: Allows you to specify whether or not WinZip's Files pane, the left hand column exposing the files and folders on your PC, should be shown.
- Actions: Allows you to specify whether or not WinZip's Actions pane, the right-most column exposing WinZip's most frequently used features, should be shown.
- Tall Rows: Allows you to specify that the list of files in the Zip is shown as tiled with thumbnails rendered for images and basic information related to a file's modification date as well as its original and compressed size.
- Table: Allows you to specify that the list of files in the Zip is shown in a detailed view that includes all of the columns that are selected under the Columns button in the Current View section.
- Icon: Allows you to specify that the list of files in the Zip is shown as larger rendered images and icons
- Sort by: Allows you to specify whether the list of files is sorted by Name, Type, or a number of other choices.
- Show: Allows you to specify whether folders in the Zip are shown as structured (Single Folder) or flattened (All files in the Zip)
- Columns: Select which columns to display in the file list area when using the Table layout.
- Folder Tree: In Single Folder view, this button will add a pane for navigating any folder structures in the current Zip file.
- New Window: Opens a new, empty WinZip window.
- Close All: Closes all open Zip files and all WinZip windows, leaving only one empty WinZip window open.
- Switch Windows: When working with more than one open WinZip file, use this button to quickly switch to a different WinZip window.