Tools (WinZip Options)
This tab allows you to enable, disable, schedule, edit, and run the background tools that are bundled with WinZip. These tools may help your computer to run smoother and more efficiently.
Note: It is important to note that on Windows 10 you will be unable to use this WinZip feature if you either have all notifications from apps turned off or if you have turned notifications coming from WinZip off. Open Settings, click System, and then click the Notifications & actions tab to check on this.
The current list of background tools are:
- Documents File Cleaner - this tool monitors the Documents folder and prompts you to archive and/or delete old files in there.
- Downloads File Cleaner - this tool monitors the Downloads folder and prompts you to archive and/or delete files that you have downloaded a long time ago.
- Pictures File Cleaner - this tool monitors the Pictures folder and prompts you to archive and/or delete old files in there.
- Recycle Bin Cleaner - this tool monitors the Recycle Bin and prompts you to clear out old files that it contains.
- Temporary File Cleaner - this tool monitors the temporary files and prompts you to clear out old temporary files.
- Create a custom cleaner - click this button to create your own tool to clean specific folders and files.
Each tool provides you with controls to turn the tool off or on, set the number of days until the tool runs again, set what time the tool starts, set the date when the tool will start running, a run button, and an edit button. Custom tools also provide the option to filter the files considered for cleaning and the means to delete your custom tool if you no longer have a need for it.