|Viewing Images is a WinZip Pro and WinZip Enterpise feature|
Using the WinZip Internal Viewer
You can use the WinZip® Internal Viewer to view and modify images residing in a Zip file (.zip or .zipx). You can also view text and various other document files with the Internal Viewer.
To view images using the WinZip Internal Viewer
The internal viewer provides a preview in the Actions pane when you select a single picture file. In the bottom left corner of this picture, you can click the expand button to see a larger view. At this point, you can enjoy using the many features of the viewer.
WinZip Viewer Features
The WinZip Viewer provides a toolbar containing buttons used to perform the following:
- Maximize - the preview can be made to take up the entire WinZip window (button at top left)
- Browse files - click the Previous File button to display the previous file. Click the Next File button to display the next file.
- Rotate an image - click the Rotate Clockwise button to rotate an image 90 degrees clockwise or click the Rotate Counterclockwise button to rotate an image 90 degrees counterclockwise. Your rotated image can be saved back to your Zip file. See the Saving Your Changes section below for more information on how to save the change(s) you have made to your images.
- Resize an image - click the Resize Image button; WinZip offers several image size options from which to choose. Your resized image can be saved back to your Zip file. See the Saving Your Changes section below for more information on how to save the change(s) you have made to your images.
- Information - click this to display detailed information for photos.
- Desktop background - click this to display detailed information for photos.
- Share the file by email - click this to open an email message in your MAPI compatible email program with the file zipped and attached to it.
- Share via IM - click this button to share an image file using Hangouts, Jabber, Office 365 groups, or Twitter.
- Share via Social Media - click the Share via Social Media button to share an image file using Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter.
- Share via Windows Charms - when clicked, the image file(s) will be zipped, uploaded to a cloud service, and the Windows Charms window will display with its available options.
- Share via link to the clipboard - when clicked, the image file(s) will be zipped, uploaded to a cloud service. A link to the Zip file will be copied to the clipboard and you can then paste that link into an email or other document of your choice.
Saving Your Changes
You can elect to save the changes you have made to an image. Simply navigate to the previous or next file or exit the Viewer. WinZip will display the Save Changes dialog.
To overwrite the file stored in the Zip file, retain the file's original name. If you elect to provide a new name, the file name must be unique; the file is added to the Zip file in the same folder as the original file.
Considerations for Encrypted Files
All modified image files are written back to the Zip file unencrypted. To re-encrypt your modified file(s):
- Turn Encrypt on in the Actions pane and select Apply to... from the Options drop down menu.
- Select the file(s) to encrypt, click Selected Files on the Tools tab of the ribbon, choose Encrypt files, and click Convert Selected Files.
Additionally, in order to enhance the security of your files, any encrypted file that was temporarily extracted for viewing or for modification will be wiped prior to being deleted when the temporary files are no longer needed.