|WinZip Pro and WinZip Enterprise feature|
Using the WinZip Job Wizard
You will use the WinZip Job Wizard to create new backup jobs and to examine or edit existing jobs.
To create a new WinZip job
- Using the WinZip Ribbon, click Create on the Backup tab.
- Proceed through the Job Wizard as described below. Note: the extension of WinZip job files is always "WJF".
Highlight files and/or folders, right click in the highlighted area, and choose Create a WinZip job from the WinZip submenu of the context menu.
To examine or modify an existing WinZip job
- Using the WinZip Ribbon, click Edit on the Backup tab or right-click the job (.WJF) file in Windows Explorer and choose Edit with WinZip from the right-click shortcut menu.
- Proceed through the Job Wizard as described below.
Using the Job Wizard
The Job Wizard guides you through the process of creating and editing WinZip jobs. Simply select your desired options in each panel and click Next to move on to the next.
At any time after you have specified the files and/or folders or libraries to be zipped (in the first panel), you can click Finish to save the job in its current state. If it is a new job, WinZip will use common settings for the remaining options and then have you name the job file; if it is an existing job, the remaining settings will be saved unchanged. Note: we recommend that you proceed all the way through the Job Wizard the first few times so that you can learn about the available options and see how WinZip sets them.
The full Job Wizard proceeds through six easy steps. Click the links below to see detailed help for each step.
- Select Items: select the files and/or folders or libraries you want to be zipped and specify any filters to be used to include or exclude files.
- Choose Job Type: specify the type of job you want to create. For example, a "normal" job zips all specified files, regardless of attributes; an "incremental" job zips only files that have been modified since the last time the job was run or the disk was backed up. For more information, please see Data Backup Strategies and Restoring Data Backups.
- Specify Options: specify various options for your job: what type of compression to use, whether files should be encrypted, etc.
- Specify Zip File: set the name of the Zip file to be created, specify where it will be stored, and enable/disable logging.
- Review Settings: this panel displays all of your job settings for review.
- Specifications Complete: the final panel allows you to set a schedule for your job to run automatically, to set up a cloud or FTP transfer of the completed Zip file at the end of a job run, email the completed Zip or log file at the end of a job run, save your Zip file to a cloud service and share the link necessary for downloading it, schedule the Zip file created to be deleted automatically after the configured number of days, and to automatically run the job when the Job Wizard closes.