home / help /
The Manage Tab
The Clipboard group
- Copy Path: Copies the name of the item selected in the Files pane to the clipboard. Available only when the Files pane is active and a single item is selected.
- Copy Link: WinZip will copy the selected item to your default share service, obtain a link to the file in the cloud, and place it in the clipboard. The default share service is specified via the Cloud Services item in the File menu. Available only when the Files pane is active and a single item is selected.
- Paste Shortcut: After using Copy Path, this button pastes a shortcut to the file or folder into the current folder in the Files pane. This is a handy way to create a shortcut to a file/folder in another folder, such as the Desktop. Available only when the Files pane is active.
The Organize group
- If the Zip pane is active
- Click the upper portion of this button to open the Select Files window, where you can type a partial or wildcard file name such as "*.doc". WinZip will find and select any files matching the pattern you provide.
- Use the drop-down menu to select all files/folders or to invert the selections.
- If the Files pane is active, opens the Search tab, which allows you to search for files and folders on your PC, network, or cloud services.
- If the Zip pane is active
- Move to: Moves the selected items to a location you specify. Note: If the Zip pane is active, the items are removed from the open Zip file.
- Copy to: Copies the selected items to a location you specify.
- Delete: Deletes the selected items. Note: If the Zip pane is active, the items are removed from the open Zip file.
- Wipe: Deletes and wipes the selected files and/or folders. Available for items in the Files pane only.
- Undo: Reverses the most recent operation, e.g., restores the last item(s) deleted from the Files pane. Not available for all operations.
- Rename: Allows you to rename the selected item(s). If more than one item is selected, WinZip will show the Group Rename Options dialog, which provides various ways to rename multiple files and/or folders without creating file name collisions.
The New group
- New Folder: If the Zip pane is active, creates in new folder in the open Zip file. If the Files pane is active, creates a new folder in the folder that's currently shown in the Files pane. This can be on your PC, on your network, or in the cloud.
- Map as Drive:
- To map the folder that's selected in the Files pane to a drive letter, click and then specify the drive letter you want to use. Available only when a single drive or folder is selected.
- To unmap previously mapped folders, click the drop arrow, check the drive(s) you want to unmap, and click OK.
- Add a network location: Click to add a shortcut to an Internet or network location to This PC in the Files pane. Note: To unmap a mapped network location, right-click it in This PC and click Remove Shortcut.
The Open group
- If the Zip pane is active, shows the properties of the file that's selected in the open Zip file.
- If the Files pane is active
- If the selected item is local or on the network, shows the Windows properties dialog for the item.
- If the selected item is in the cloud, shows a WinZip dialog with the item's basic properties (file type, size, dat modified, etc.).
- Open: Opens the selected item using an associated application. Click the button to choose the app, or Choose program to open the Windows "How do you want to open this file?" dialog. If the Zip pane is active, the item will be xtracted to a temporary location so that it can be opened by the selected app.
- Edit: Opens the selected item for editing using an associated application. Note that this operation depends on there being an "edit" association in Windows.
The Select group
- Select All: Selects all items in the Files or Zip pane, depending on which one is active (blue band at top).
- Invert Selection: Selects all unselected items and deselects all selected items.