The File Tab
The File tab is the leftmost one on the WinZip Ribbon and contains options that affect the entire Zip file or WinZip® itself. The following options are available:
- New Zip File: Create a new, empty Zip file (.zip or .zipx). After the new Zip file is created, click From PC or Cloud in the Create/Share tab to add files.
- New LHA File: Create a new, empty LHA file. After the new LHA file is created, click From PC or Cloud in the Create/Share tab to add files.
- New Zip File on CD/DVD: Create a new Zip file and burn it on a CD or DVD (Pro version only).
- Open (from PC/Cloud): Open an existing WinZip file from your PC, a network location, or a cloud storage service.
- Favorites: Display a list of WinZip files in your Favorite Zip Folders.
- Print: Print a list of the files in the open WinZip file that are currently displayed in the WinZip main window.
- Save: Save the currently open WinZip file.
- Save As (to PC/Cloud): Save the currently open WinZip file to a new folder and/or save it with a new file name. You can save to your PC, a network location, or the cloud, including FTP sites.
- Close: Close the currently open WinZip file without closing WinZip.
- Exit: Close WinZip.
- Recent Archives: Click one of the recently opened WinZip files in this list to open it immediately.