The Tools Tab
The Tools tab includes a variety of features for working with WinZip® files. These features allow you to create other types of files, encrypt existing Zip files, see information about your Zip file, and more. If the open WinZip file is not a Zip file (for example, an LHA file), some of these tools will not function; a caution dialog will display with appropriate information. This tab is divided into the five groups described below:
- Multi-Part Zip File: Create a new split Zip file consisting of 2 or more parts from your existing open Zip file.
- Self-Extracting EXE: Create a self-extracting Zip file from your open Zip file.
- UUEncoded File: Create a UUEncoded file from the open WinZip file.
- Encrypt: Encrypt files you have selected in a Zip file or all of the files in the Zip file if nothing is selected
- Convert: Reduce the size of photos, remove personal data, convert photos to another format, convert to PDF, combine two or more PDF files into one PDF file, and/or watermark selected files in your Zip file. If nothing is selected, the conversion(s) will be applied to all applicable files in the open Zip file.
- Last Output: View the results of the last operation that WinZip performed.
- Comments: Create, view, edit, or delete a comment embedded in your Zip file.
- Properties: View the properties of the open WinZip file, or of a file you have selected in the open WinZip file.
- Diagnostics: Run a diagnostic test of the open WinZip file and view simple or detailed results of the test.
- Unzip and Try: Unzip the files in your open WinZip file to a specified location in order to try them out. When you close the WinZip file or exit WinZip, you will have the option to delete the extracted files.
- Unzip and Install: Unzip and install the software contained in the open WinZip file.