Save as Zip File (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
This feature allows you to save the Office document on which you are currently working as a Zip file.
To use this feature, simply open the File menu and choose Save as Zip File:
This will display the Save as Zip file dialog. (In some cases, Word documents may need to be saved as regular document files before they can be zipped.)
The Save as Zip File dialog is a standard "Save As" dialog with a few additional options:
- Compression: Choose Zip: Legacy or Zipx: Best method. The choice will depend on what Zip file utilities you or your possible recipients have; please read about compression methods for further information.
- Expire Zip File: If you check this box, the Zip file you save will be automatically deleted after the number of days you configure.
- Encrypt: If you would like to encrypt your document in the Zip file, check Encrypt. Before the document is zipped, you will be able to specify the password.
- Remove Personal Data: Check this if yoiu do not want your name, initials, or any other personal data stored in the file headers to be included.
- Convert to PDF: Checking this checkbox will cause your document to be converted to a PDF before being added to the Zip file.
- Watermark PDF Image: This checkbox will become active once you check the Convert to PDF checkbox. Selecting this option will cause your PDF to also have a watermark inserted into it before being added to the Zip file.
After you have specified the Zip file name and location and, if desired, any of the options, click Save to save the current document.
Note that saving the document as a Zip file does not also save it as a regular Office document file. Any unsaved changes will remain unsaved unless you were also prompted to save the document.