home / help /
The WinZip® settings window allows you to customize many WinZip options. To open the window, click WinZip Settings in the File menu.
Click on any tab title for further information on its content.
- The General tab controls the appearance of the main WinZip window and some basic operations of WinZip.
- The Email tab lets you set up email accounts and services for WinZip jobs and the built-in email program.
- The Photos tab lets you set the options for Snap and Share (WinZip Camera Wizard).
- The Integration tab provides options for controlling WinZip's integration with File Explorer (Windows Explorer).
- The Explorer tab provides options for configuring WinZip's Windows Explorer enhancements.
- The Updates tab provides options for configuring if and when WinZip checks for available, newer versions of WinZip.
- The Folders tab offers choices for extract, add, temporary, unzip and try, and working folders.
- The Encryption tab provides password policy options.
- The Contacts tab gives you the ability to add or change the sources of your Contacts lists which are used in the Combined Address Book in the internal email system.
- The Advanced tab includes general options that control how WinZip handles files and certain performance options.
Note: You may need administrator privileges to change some of the settings in WinZip's settings window. If a setting change requires administrator privileges, you will be presented with the User Account Control window.