Configuring WinZip Courier
WinZip® Courier provides two methods of configuring how it should operate. You can set options that affect all email messages using the WinZip Courier Options window. You can also set messages on a per-email basis directly on the new email message window on either the ribbon or the toolbar, depending on what version of Outlook that you are using. For more information on the WinZip Courier options available on the ribbon or toolbar in Outlook, please see the help for the ribbon or toolbar.
The WinZip Courier Options window provides options that specify how WinZip Courier should operate in Outlook, Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo! Mail. You can specify the zipping method, control how the Zip file attachments are named, and much more.
In WinZip Courier 7, the WinZip Courier Options window looks like this; previous version will look different and may not have the same options:
You can access the WinZip Courier Options in Outlook:
- Outlook 2010 or later: On the Ribbon on the Home tab, click on WinZip Courier and select Options.
- Outlook 2007/2003: On the Outlook main menu, click on the WinZip Courier menu and select Options.
You can also access the configuration options from the Start menu: click Start, then All Programs, then WinZip Courier, and finally Configure WinZip Courier.
From the WinZip Courier Options window, you have the following options:
- The Cloud Options control when to use a cloud service and allows you to log in to and out of your cloud service accounts.
- The Attachment Options set the default name for the zip file, alternate extension usage, compression methods, how to handle when there is only one attachment, and image resizing.
- The Encryption Options set which encryption method to use.
- The Convert to PDF Options allows you to set the options to use when WinZip Courier converts your files into a PDF.
- The Resize Image Options sets the final size of your images when you choose to resize your images that are attached to your emails.
- The Watermark Options allows you to determine where and how a watermark is inserted into your supported files that are attached to your emails.
- The Update Options control whether and when WinZip Courier checks for updates automatically.
- The Registration button opens the Register WinZip Courier window where you can enter your WinZip Courier registration information.
- The Purchase button opens your internet browser to the WinZip website where you can purchase a license for WinZip Courier.