Working with Hotmail, Office365, Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, and Zoho
When sending an email using Microsoft email(Hotmail, Office365, or Live.com), GMail, Yahoo! Mail, or Zoho Mail, you can have WinZip Courier zip your attachments and convert them in the same manner that WinZip Courier does in Outlook. Note that the only supported browsers are Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Google Chrome.
Using WinZip Courier in a supported web mail service, such as Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, etc, is simple! Just click the normal Attach File button in your web mail's new email window and you'll see WinZip Courier's Open window:
This is a normal Windows Open dialog with a few extra options on it. To use it, just do the following:
- Browse to your files that you wish to send and select them.
- Check the checkboxes for the options that you want:
- Zip files: this option will zip your selected attachments.
- Encrypt: this option will cause your attachments to be encrypted as they are added to the Zip file. You need to check the box for Zip files for this option to be available. You will be prompted for the password when the Zip file is created.
- Resize Images: this option will cause your supported images to be reduced in size as they are added to the Zip file.
- Convert to PDF: this option will cause your supported files to be converted to a PDF before being addded to the Zip file.
- Watermark images: this option will cause your supported files to have a watermark inserted into them before being added to the Zip file.
- When you are ready, click Open.
WinZip Courier will then zip and convert your files if you selected any options. Then it will attach the created Zip file to your new email message or upload the Zip file to your selected cloud service and insert the download link into your email. Whether or not your attachment is uploaded to a cloud service is determined by your settings in the Configure Cloud Service window.
Another option on the Open dialog is the "Email from Cloud" button. This button opens a Cloud Service Selection dialog. Select a cloud service and log into the service, if needed, to gain access to your cloud files. Select a file or files and press the "E-mail Link(s)" button, the selection dialog will close and insert links to the selected file(s) into your email message.
- Configuring WinZip Courier
- Encryption Options
- Convert to PDF Options
- Resize Image Options
- Watermark Options