Brief Tutorial - Adding Files to a WinZip File
Click on each tutorial topic, in sequence, to learn all about WinZip®:
7. Adding Files to a WinZip File
You can add files to an existing Zip file that you've opened in WinZip.
Using the WinZip Ribbon
- In the Create/Share or Edit tab, click From PC or Cloud to add files from your PC, a network location, or a cloud storage service.
- In the Add window, browse to the location of the file(s) or folder(s) you wish to add, and click on the file(s) or folder(s) to select them. You may use the standard Windows methods to select multiple files such as holding down the Ctrl or Shift keys on your keyboard and clicking on multiple files and folders or clicking and dragging the mouse over multiple files and folders, etc.
- After selecting the files and/or folders to add, click the Add button.
- WinZip will add the selected files and folders to the open Zip file. When the add process is completed, the newly added files, along with any existing files that were previously in the Zip file, will display in the list of files in the main WinZip window.
- When you have finished adding files and are satisfied that all is correct, click the File tab and choose Save or Save As if you would like to use a different name.
Note: when you add files to a Zip file, the original files on the hard disk drive are not deleted. If you want to delete the original files automatically after the Add operation completes, select Move (add and recycle files) from the dropdown menu arrow to the right of the Add button in the Add window.
Drag and Drop
In addition to the methods listed above, you can also add files to a WinZip file by dragging the files from the Windows File Explorer and dropping them onto the open WinZip window using the drag and drop interface.