The Actions Menu
Use the Actions menu for commands that affect the currently open archive or selected files within the archive. The menu contains the following entries:
- Add adds new files to the archive or updates files that are already in the archive. Click here for help adding files to an archive in Windows 7 and Windows Vista or click here for help in Windows XP.
- Add from Still Camera adds files from a still camera to the archive. The WinZip® Camera Wizard is only supported on Windows XP or a later version of Windows.
- Delete removes files from the archive.
- Unzip uncompresses files in the archive and saves the uncompressed files to disk.
- View allows you to look at the contents of files in the archive.
- Rename allows you to rename the files and folders in the archive. This action is available for Zip files (.zip or .zipx) only.
- New Folder adds a new folder to the Zip file. You must have an existing Zip file open in the Files by Folder (Explorer Style) view in order to create a new folder.
- Select All selects all of the files in the archive.
- Invert Selection selects all files that are currently unselected and deselects all files that are currently selected.
- Select Files selects and sorts the files in the current folder based on user's file specification.
- Make .Exe File converts the archive into a self-extracting archive.
- UUEncode encodes the archive so that it can be sent via mail systems that do not support binary e-mail.
- Split splits the archive into multiple smaller parts of a size that you specify.
- allows you to encrypt or re-encrypt all files in the Zip file. This action is available for Zip files only.
- Test performs internal testing to make sure that the archive is not damaged.
- Unzip and Try makes it easy for you to examine archive contents by extracting files to a temporary folder and setting up a Windows Explorer window to display the files.
- Install helps you to install software from archives that contain SETUP or INSTALL programs.